Hope Direct is a registered charity (number 1114725) set up to respond to the needs of poorest children and families in developing nations. Hope Direct also work with Refugees and Asylum seekers in Manchester by providing a meaningful occupation.
Sierra Leone is ranked as the poorest nation in the world by UN development index and highly depends on international aid. Life expectancy is 34.
1. We also provide meaning occupation for Refugees & Asylum seekers in Manchester
Labour Lost, a Refugee Action report (2006) identifies that there are lack of volunteering and employment opportunities for Refugees and Asylum seekers
2. Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone is ranked as the poorest nation in the world by UN development index report and highly depends on international aid.
What we’ve done so far
In partnership with the Jees Ministries in Sierra Leone:
- We’ve assist in building a school, and a community health Centre in Sierra Leone.
- We’ve assisted 50 farming families (with tools and seedlings)
- We’ve assisted 45 young people and children by paying their school fees, uniforms and books, to be able to attend school for the first time after the civil war in Sierra Leone.
- We ship containers of relief supplies,
- including medical, food clothing, water purification kits, building materials and household goods.
- We've secured 1000 acres of land in Sierra Leone. Our aim is to empower most deprived families to own their farms. We will be glad to send you a proposal of how we intend to implement this project and it’s cost .